Relocating employees internationally is acknowledged to be an expensive option, particularly if the assignment subsequently fails. To prepare you for a successful assignment we offer a wide range of pre-assignment preparation, family sessions, country briefings, post-arrival support and repatriation counselling.
The most frequently requested destinations are: Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Middle East, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Scandinavia, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE and the US.
Our support can be offered at three stages:
- 'The International Profiler': a well-established online tool and personal development process for working effectively in unfamiliar cultural environments. Followed by a one-hour debrief with a trainer via telephone or video-conference.
- Pre-departure Cultural Briefing: tailored country or regional-specific cultural briefings delivered in-company, at your home or online via video-conference.
- Our briefings are designed to enable you to perform your new role and behave appropriately in the new culture, to handle unexpected events and for you (and any accompanying family members) to develop realistic expectations about day-to-day life in the new country.
- Practical advice can be given around renting a property, arranging bank accounts, setting up direct debits, accessing health and emergency services, children’s issues, exploring work opportunities or volunteering.
- Advice is offered for managing culture shock, the transition experience and developing a personal strategy for your success.
- In-Country Support: a follow up virtual culture coaching session within three months of arrival, to discuss any challenging cross-cultural situations they are facing.
All these services can also be offered to inpats arriving in the UK to help them gain an understanding of British culture, communication style and working practices. For more information read our Case Study 'Living and Working in the UK'.
If you need to quickly improve your language skills we also offer intensive lessons at a convenient time for you and members of your family. You can opt for face-to-face sessions with our tutor coming to you, online learning with a ‘live’ tutor or residential immersion training at one of our partner language schools.
Need inspiration? Read our case study on the value of 'In-company & Online Language Learning' and visit our Cultural Newsletter section for handy individual country summaries.